Monday, October 15, 2012

Diy: Alpaca Ears

So, I've come to you with a simple and fast 'how to' pictorial on making my alpaca ears!
Just in time for Halloween, in case you have no clue what to be, why not be a cute arpakasso!

What you'll need:
Headband
Sheet of felt
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Pencil
1. You'll need to trace and cut out 4 semi ovals roughly 6 in across and 3 inches tall and pair them off.. 

 2. Hot glue the rounded edges together on both pairs and then turn them inside out.
3. Then hot glue the bottom edge closed.
4. Finally then to hot glue the ear onto the headband~ I recommend folding the bottom part of the ear inward on the head band and gluing it flat and doing the same to the other half, kind of like the above example... Then do the same to the other ear.

Note: I spaced my ears about 3 inches apart~
 I made a pair for each of my friends to enjoy in different colours~

It's something fun and really cheap to make<3
Great for parties, costumes and of course Halloween~

<3CarisseIris

14 comments:

  1. That is so cute! The way the ears fold in is adorable :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wee, I'm glad that they come out looking cute!
      It took a lot of trial and error, haha~

      <3<3<3<3

      Delete
  2. totally cute! i want to try this in my extra time c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, it just takes a few minutes to make<3

      Delete
  3. Aww cute!! I love the baby colours you used :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I wanted to try mimicking colours the alpaca plushes come in~

      :3

      Delete
  4. This is so adorable! I'm not a very diy-ish person, but I think I will have to try this out :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can guarantee it's a good project for beginners<3
      Good luck!

      Delete
  5. That's so adorable! Love the alpaca ears and thanks for the easy tutorial :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now if my hands would be able to pull this off. I`m not crafty at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, I'm sure you can! It's just cutting, gluing and folding<3
      You can do it!
      :3

      Delete
  7. I'm in luck! My best fwend has like, a building full of felt!
    Looks like someone's gonna get robbed tonight.
    -Puts Ski Mask on-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LUUCKY!
      Go forth, and ransack the place and make a herd or paca ears!
      <3<3<3

      Delete